How to Develop Students Interest in Studies or How to Motivate Students
The study is as important for a student as water important for life. Due to technological advancement, Lack of interest, parental neglect, useless friendships, nowadays students lack interest in studies. Following are some tips to help your child study in a right way.
- Think of Your Goals: Think of your goal why you are here in the school or college. Identify your aim that you have to give exam and finally you have to get the job. Think that being a student you are responsible to study and to get good grades.
- Relate Your Study to Your Life: Make your study a daily routine not a compulsion. Compare your study with your daily routine. For example if you are a student of biology, think that you are also the most wonderful part of biology, so learning biology is important for you. If you are a student of chemistry, think that it is helpful in your cooking process.
- Reward Yourself: Rewarding yourself and motivating leads to meaningful learning. Think that you are the most important asset of the class. Think that you are a successful person.
- Make Your Study Fun: Study for pleasure means study in a meaningful way. Understand the topic in your own language.
- Prepare a Proper Time Table: Think that how much you are sincere to your work. Make a proper timetable and follow the time table as well.
- Figure out Your Preference: Figure out your interests like if you love nature, try to study biology. If you love recreational activities study tourism.
- Take Sufficient Breaks: Divide your study time to constant breaks. Taking short breaks relax you.
- Focus on learning not Studying: Identify your task and think which task is most important. As you are a student so learning is your goal.
- Use Visual Aids: Identify different audio visual aids that are helpful in your study. Audio visual aids are also a source of relaxation.
- Develop a Sense of Competition: Do not compare yourself with other but still try to compete with other. Nowadays there is more competition in each and every field and thus it is difficult for one to reach the goal. Hard and smart work can lead you to reach your goal.
- Willingness: It is important to take an interest in study to gain a fuller understanding and to make the study more effective. If you are not interested in studying, it will not be worthwhile to read.
- Talk to Your Friends and Family about Your Problems: If you face problems in your study, contact your friends and teacher for help. It is possible that they have a solution of your problem.
- Understand the topic not to memorize: Meaningful learning is better than rote learning. Meaningful learning leads to understanding. Select the main points of your topic or translate the whole topic into your own language.
- Contact people who appreciate in your success: Leave the friends that distract your daily routine and contact those people that motivate you. Your teachers, family members and studious friends are actual heroes to help you. Remove all other barriers also like bad company, disturbance creating application from mobile phones, etc.
- Use Multiple Resources: Use of multiple resources like use of a video lecture, notes is good.
16: Identify the proper Time to Study: The proper time to study during which you are more energetic. It is the morning time for most of the people but varies from person to person. Identify the good study and study the difficult topics or subjects at that time.
17: Increase Your Energy Level: Increase your energy level by eating healthy food.
- Prioritize Your Tasks: Identify your most important task and give most of your time to your important topic.
19: Look For Gaps in Your Understanding: Identify your gaps and find the solution of the gaps.
20: Repeat: Repeat the topic again and again for proper understanding and select the main points to make good notes.
- Do not Compare Yourself with Others: Everyone has different learning abilities so do not try compare you with others.
22: Break Large Chapters into Smaller Components: Break large chapters into smaller components and after studying one component take a short break for relaxation.
- Study in Group: Study in groups enable student to share different ideas about a topic.
References: 1. https://www.wikihow.com/Create-Interest-in-Studies